Vicky Mo (Physiotherapist)
Vicky was graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HKPU) in 1997 and 2009 for the Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy and Master of Science in Sport Physiotherapy respectively. She was also awarded Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner from Kinesio Taping Association International in 2013.
Vicky is good at treating patients with joint pain of any kinds: sport injuries, post-surgical rehabilitation, degenerative pain, repetitive strain syndrome from occupational practice, postural defects and spinal disorders. Apart from orthopedic and musculoskeletal cases, Vicky is also capable of handling patients with neurological pathologies like stroke, parkinson, nerve or cerebral palsy. Her practical skills from Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) makes her competent by facilitating the recruitment of good limbs muscles in order to stimulate the recruitment of the affected limb muscles.
Vicky became a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner from Kinesio Taping Association International in 2013. Kinesio Tape is capable of enhancing or inhibiting the muscle contraction which depends on the application direction and tension of the tape. It can also alleviates pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin which increasing the interstitial space and allowing for decreased inflammation. Kinesio Tape is now commonly used in World Cup Sport and Olympic Games.
Vicky has been employed by the Hospital Authority, non-profit making elderly home as well as private clinic. She has worked in orthopedic ward, rehabilitation ward and out-patient centre of public hospital and private setting. She has extensive experience in handling patients of different kinds.
Additional information of Vicky:
Vicky has achieved
Vicky has achieved
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Level 3B from International Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Association
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy of the Lumbar Spine (Level A)
- Cervical and Thoracic Spine (Level B) from Mckenzie Institute International
- The Mulligan Concepts: Nags, Snags, MWMs from Manual Concepts (Australia)
- Clinical Pilates and Core Stabilization ( Level I & II) from Dance Medicine Australia
- McConnell Approach to Chronic Knee Therapy from McConnell Institute (Australia)
- Positional Release Therapy, the Upper Quadrant from Therapeutic System Incorporated (Australia)
- Western Approach Acupuncture Accreditation from HKPU
- Postgraduate diploma in Occupational Health Practice from the Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong